Traditional Japanese-style Ryokan of historical Machiya-style
Located between the popular Nishi-Honganji and Higashi-Honganji temples, and only 7 minutes’ walk from the Kyoto Train Station, Shimogyo-an offers an authentic Kyoto experience.
The building is in the traditional Machiya architectural style with a history close to 100 years.
Shimogyo-an offers two wings – Ukon - the right wing, and Sakon, - the left wing. Each wing can accommodate up to 6 people, or both wings can be connected to accommodate up to 12 people.
Bath and toilet
Tea making facilities
¥17,000〜 for one person/night+tax
Connecting room ¥37,000〜 for one person/night+tax
¥3,000 per extra person/night + tax
Fridays, Saturdays, and the day before public holidays extra ¥3,000/night + tax
1. Exit through the JR Kyoto Station Karasuma Central Exit
2. You will see the Kyoto Central Post Office on your left. Walk along the Post Office building and turn left at Café Veloce.
3. Cross the road at the first set of lights onto Shin-machi Dori.
4. Follow Shin-machi Dori. When you get to Shichi-jo Dori, cross the road to the other side of Shin-jo Dori and turn left. Walk along Shichi-jo Dori.
5. Turn right at the Kyoto State Guest House.
7. After about 150m, you will see Shimogyo-an on your right.