2. In cases where the Ryokan has agreed to special provisions, such special provisions prevail irrespective of the stipulations of the previous clause.
Article 2 (Application for accommodation rental agreement)
1. A party seeking to apply for an accommodation rental agreement must provide the Ryokan with the following information.
(1) Name of the guest
(2) Dates of arrival and departure and estimated time of arrival
(3) Accommodation rate (in accordance with the basic accommodation rate)
(4) Other information required by the Ryokan
2. In cases where a guest requests an extension of the rental period during the initial rental period, the application will be treated as a new rental agreement by the Ryokan.
Article 3 (Accommodation rental agreement)
1. Accommodation agreement is established when the Ryokan gives consent to the information prescribed in article 2.At the establishment of an accommodation agreement in accordance with clause 1, deposit should be paid by the specified date to the Ryokan. The amount payable is specified by the Ryokan with a maximum limit of 3 days’ basic accommodation rate.
3. The deposit shall be used towards the accommodation rate or a cancellation fee for the guest.
4. In cases where the deposit is not paid to the Ryokan by the specified date, the accommodation agreement loses its validity. The Ryokan must notify the guest of the cancellation policy at the time of specifying the date for the deposit payment.
Article 4 (Refusal of rental agreement)
The management reserves the right to refuse an application in the following cases.
1. When an application for accommodation is not in accordance with these terms.
2. When the facility is fully occupied.
3. When a party seeking to rent accommodation is deemed likely to violate the stipulations of laws and regulations, public order or good morals.
4. When a party seeking to rent accommodation is a member, or has a link to a criminal organization or any anti-social movements.
5. When a party seeking to rent accommodation belongs to a corporation owned or controlled by a criminal organization
6. When a party seeking to rent accommodation belongs to a corporation which has a member of a criminal organization in its executive committee
7. When a party seeking to rent accommodation makes violent or unreasonable demands towards the Ryokan or its employees.
8. When a party seeking to rent accommodation creates a significant nuisance by speech or action, to other guests or neighbours of the facility
9. When it is obvious that a party seeking to rent accommodation has a infectious disease
10. When the facility is not capable to accommodate guests due to malfunctions of the facility or natural disasters.
11. When a condition applies to those prescribed in Article 5 of the Enforcement Ordinance of Kyoto Prefecture Accommodation Industry.
Article 5. (Right of the guest to cancel an agreement)
1. A guest has the right to cancel an accommodation rental agreement.
2. In the case of a guest failing to arrive by 9pm on his/her check-in date, or failing to arrive 2 hours after his/her estimated arrival time without notifying the Ryokan, the Ryokan shall consider the reservation to be cancelled.
3. In the case of partial or full cancellation of reservation, the Ryokan shall charge a cancellation fee as follows.
(1) Cancellation on the check-in date and the day before(including the condition prescribed in clause 2): 100% of total accommodation fee
(2) Cancellation made between 7 to 2 days prior to the check-in date: 50 % of total accommodation fee
(3) Cancellation made between 21 to 8 days prior to the check-in date: 30% of the total accommodation fee
Article 6. (Right of the Ryokan to cancel an agreement)
The Ryokan reserves the right to cancel a reservation in any of the following cases.
1. When a guest violates the stipulations of laws and regulations, public order or good morals in relation to the accommodation use.
2. When a guest is a member, or has a link to a criminal organization or any anti-social movements.
3. When a guest belongs to a corporation owned or controlled by a criminal organization
4. When a guest belongs to a corporation which has a member of a criminal organization in its executive committee
5. When a guest makes violent or unreasonable demands towards the Ryokan or its employees
6. When a party seeking to rent accommodation creates a significant nuisance by speech or action, to other guests or neighbours of the facility
7. When it is obvious that a guest has an infectious disease
9. When the facility is not capable to accommodate guests due to force majeure such as natural disasters.
10. When a condition applies to conditions prescribed in Article 5 of the Enforcement Ordinance of Kyoto Prefecture Accommodation Industry.
Article 7. (Registration of guests)
1. A guest is to register by providing the following details upon arrival.
(1) Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the guest
(2) In the case of a foreign guest, nationality, passport number, port of entry, and date of entry.
(3) Date of departure and estimated time of departure
(4) Other relevant information required by the Ryokan
2. In the case of accommodation fees to be settled by travellers’ cheques or accommodation vouchers, those are to be presented at the time of registration.
Article 8. (Hours of room use)
Guests are permitted to use rooms from 3pm on check-in date until 11am on checkout date.
Article 9. (Compliance to these rules)
Article 10. (Payment)
1. The total accommodation rental fee is calculated as a sum of accommodation fee and consumption tax.
2. The full payment is to be made at the time of a guest’s checkout or when the Ryokan requests payment. The payment is to be made by cash (Japanese yen), travellers’ cheques, accommodation vouchers, or credit cards accepted by the Ryokan.
3. When a room is rented to a guest, the payment must be made even if the guest does not use the room.
Article 11. (Liability of the Ryokan)
1. In the event of a guest sustaining damages due to failure of the Ryokan to fulfill the accommodation rental agreement, the Ryokan is liable to make compensation. However, the Ryokan holds no responsibility for damages caused outside the Ryokan’s control.
2. Service offered at the facility is limited to accommodation.
Article 12. (Baggage storage)
1. The facility does not offer a baggage storage service.
2. The Ryokan holds no responsibility for loss or damage to goods, cash, or valuables brought into the Ryokan by a guest unless it is by willful misconduct or gross negligence by the Ryokan.
Article 13. (Guest’s hand luggage or personal belongings)
1. The facility does not store guest’s hand luggage or personal belongings.
2. In the case of a guest’s hand luggage or personal belongings being found after the guest’s checkout from the facility, it will be stored at the facility for 7 days including the day of its discovery. After that time, the item will be handed in to the nearest police station.
Article 14. (Parking)
The facility does not offer parking.
Article 15. (Guest liabilities)
In the case of loss or damage caused by a guest, regardless of his/her intention, the guest is liable for compensation to the Ryokan.
ITJ Limited (hereinafter referred to as the Company) promotes the protection of personal information by prescribing a personal information protection policy, placing a mechanism for its protection, and educating employees about the treatment of personal information.
Management of personal information
The Company shall maintain correct and up-to-date guest personal information. The Company shall prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, tampering, or leakage by strictly protecting personal information by taking protective measures in an effective security and management system as well as staff training.
Use of personal information
The Company will use the information provided by a guest to notify, update, or reply to questions by mail or e-mail.
Prohibition of disclosure of personal information to third parties
The Company will strictly protect personal information and will not disclose it to third parties except in any of the following cases.
. When a guest’s permission is given
. When a guest requests a service to be provided by an external service provider who requires the disclosure of the guest’s personal information
. When it is legally required to disclose personal information
Security measures for personal information
The Company takes strict measures in order to maintain correct personal information and ensure its confidentiality.
In the case of a guest making an inquiry, or requesting amendments or deletion, the Company will confirm the identity of the person before processing such requests.
Compliance and review of laws and regulations
The Company will comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and other rules related to the protection of personal information. The Company will carry out reviews of this policy in order to maintain its strict compliance and validity.
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact:
ITJ Co., Ltd.
6 floor, CJ Building,